The topic/event I have chosen for Unit 2 is Arizona's controversial immigration law. I think this is going to be a good topic because it affects a wide variety and number of people so I don't think I will have a hard time finding good well spoken arguments for or against the law. Immigration is also a pressing issue in the United States, so im looking forward to finding many examples of peoples opinions. It will be interesting because I believe I will find some great arguments from people either strongly for or strongly against it. When people have a strong opinion towards something they often make strong arguments to back up their side of the story, which is perfect for Unit 2.
I hope to search for primary sources through the online databases the library has to offer, along with any newspaper and magazine articles I can find. The internet is also a endless source for information so i expect to find many reports and positions there.
I think that this is a good topic to write about, you will be able to find tons of primary sources. It seemed like once the story broke the first few days, that was all you heard about. I would check the local Arizona news papers, if you can find any.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm glad that you chose this since it is a very important issue. I'm sure that you won't have any problem finding sources. My friend is from Arizona and complains about it all the time.
ReplyDelete