Thursday, September 2, 2010

In Class: Pathos on Public Space

Grocery stores believe it or not are a place filled with emotions.  Whether it might be the emotions a certain product wishes to convey to the shopper or the overall atmosphere of the place, its hard to stay emotion free while shopping.  Seeing a pineapple in the produce section might bring you back to a family trip you took to a tropical island and make you want to buy it.  Or maybe the store is ridiculously dirty making you never want to shop there again, understanding the emotional appeal of a place tells you a lot about the people who choose to go there.

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost I would like to say that your blog is really cool! It is pretty clear you have made an argument.
    Anywho, I really liked this blog because for once you pointed out a very interesting argument that I had never thought of before and that is that grocery stores are filled with emotions. Very true indeed now that I look at it. Not only that but you have helped me brainstorm for my space I have chosen for our first paper which is Central Market(An organic food store). So thanks a lot and keep up the good writting!

    ReplyDelete