Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unit 1 Decision

     After much thought I have finally chosen my public space for our first paper.  Originally I was going to choose a supermarket but it felt kinda bland and not that original for some reason.  Instead of just siding with the first place that popped into my head I decided to think it out a bit more because I want to make this assignment fun and choose a place that I would really enjoy writing about. 
     Yesterday afternoon it just came to me.  What better place to write about than the Apple store!  I shop there often and its just an amazing store.  There's just so many things about that store that sets it apart from any other store/public place.  Just look at the store front for example.  The all glass windows and doors sitting under the aluminum like heading with a simple apple logo in the center makes it seem so simple yet sophisticate.  The store certainly has many visual appeals that are unique to its type.  Along with visual appeals, all Apple stores have quite strong ethical (ethos) appeals as well.  They employ a highly trained trained staff of which have great knowledge of Apple computers and their products.  Overall its going to be a great place to write about and I cant wait to get started!!

2 comments:

  1. The apple store sounds like a really great and original place to write about for our first paper. The supermarket would have worked too but I really like your final choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea. I love Mac stuff, and think that this idea has a lot of potential. All of the displays and people are much more interesting in the Apple Store than at a supermarket. Everything is more sleek.

    ReplyDelete